Sunday, July 12, 2009

Big A$$ Indie Art & Craft Show


Busily gluing, bending and pouring resin for the upcoming Big A$$ Indie Art and Craft Show at Mad Art Gallery on July 31st-August 2nd. Hoping to do as well as I did at the Rock and Roll Craft Show.

Department store-style craft shows have really become popular in Saint Louis. I like the fact that I don't have to work a three day show, but I find the tagging of all my items a pain in the A$$! Ha! I invested in some manual plastic tagging loops that I can use for my rings and trim down. I want this to be the last time I have to tag everything. It's nice that I can use the same vendor number for each show. After this show, I will also have everything assigned an inventory number, too.

I usually sell my recycled bottlecaps individually, but do to tagging restrictions, I am going to sell them in packs of four. I found some self-sealing cellophane bags at Paper Mart (my new fave online store). I am going to place a business card in the pack and place the magnets on top of the card. I am hoping the magnets are strong enough that they will hold onto my framed piece of sheet metal that I usually use for the magnets. I have the framed sheet metal on an easel. It makes for a great display. People are drawn to it.

Back to creating! Hope to see you at Big A$$!

No comments: